Where your fundraising dollars go
Every day in Australia, around 50 women are told they have breast or a gynaecological cancer. Sadly, every day around 12 Australian women will die from a women's cancer. The five year survival rate for breast cancer increased by 17% from 1982 to 2012, and the five year survival rate for women with a gynaecological cancer increased by 7% in the same period. This increase in survivors of breast and gynaecological cancers is thanks to advancements in research and prevention that you help fund by supporting Cancer Council's Pink Ribbon.
Breast and gynaecological cancers unfortunately touch everyone’s life in one form or another, either directly or through the experience of family and friends. The money you raise will help Cancer Council fight cancer through prevention programs, support services and world-class cancer research.
There are many ways your money can help and even the smallest amount will make a difference:
- $5 Can produce a meditation DVD to help women deal with the impact of a cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- $10 Can help pay for an Information Pack to help a woman cope after surgery.
- $50 Can help fund a call to a cancer nurse on 13 11 20, that informs and supports a woman through her cancer diagnosis.
- $100 Can help provide accommodation for a woman who needs to travel and stay away from home to access treatment.
- $500 Can cover some of the costs of recruiting women into a studies to understand the causes of cancer.
- $1,200 Can go towards supporting research into breast and gynaecological cancers.
Find out more about our world-class cancer research funding, prevention programs and support services. The funds you raise will give hope, now and in the future, to those affected by cancer.